Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

The gain of pain

Someone once told me, "don't waste your pain". this taught me a valuable lesson that in every bad scrape in life, there are lessons to be learnt. I had an experience over the weekend and I'll like to share it.

I was passing through the ever busy Obalende on my way home and was nearly pick pocketed but paid the price by loosing my pair of jeans.
I dropped at obalende with the intention of taking a bike home and stopped by to buy credit. I guess thats where the pickpockets noticed me. I was even nice enough to return a hundred bucks back to the guy I got credit from cos he had a change mixup. He didnt say thank you in return but I didnt care much. I made my way across the ever busy streets meandering through hideous grimy waters all over the street. I approached a group of parked buses and in other to avoid coming cars I passed the other side of the buses. As I passed i noticed guy coming in my direction and one had been following me. The guy coming towards me was so nice and made way for me cos the passage was quite tight and the other guy took the opportunity to press me from behind. immediately I felt my purse leaving my back pocket and knew that I was about to be robbed. I quickly grabbed my pockets to stop the exit of my dear purse and made way for the nearest opening that could lead me away from the guys and while rushing i brushed the bumper of a bus and tore my jeans badly, so bad I had to hold the tear in one hand and wave a bike down with the other. I thank God they didn't get the better of me cos losing my wallet would have been far worse than the pair of jeans I lost.

Moral of the story:

1. Do good at all times cos if I ripped the poor boy of a hundred I could have lost more.
2. Always be on the alert especially when passing through busy streets.
3. Avoid going through narrow paths.
4. Jesus saves and keeps.
5. Always be cautious of nice strangers especially one wearing a black tshirt and looks like a tout.
6. Always keep a safety distance between yourself and parked buses.
7. Never wear your best clothes to places that have things that are prone to tearing them. especially parked buses.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: