Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Strange Love

I'm starting to develop a strange love for my country, one I believe every youth should have. A love for change and the believe things will change. A quote hit me once and says, "if you don't take an interest in politics, it will take an interest in you" I live in a country where a lot of my friends don't have jobs and the few that have are under employed. I run a business and the cost of running it is so high. And I tell myself, if I don't take an interest in the fight for good governance, I'll keep paying the price for bad governance.

I'm encouraging all youth to take a stand, either personally or as a group, join a positive cause, spread the word and do a little extra, having power, good jobs and an enabling environment for business isn't rocket science. Its something we can demand for and get. Its time we raise our voices and hope 'they' hear before we take it to their doorsteps and if you are scared of loosing your life by raising your voice, the probability of dying from bad roads, lack of power, bad health care and insecurity is far higher than your voice being silenced.

Whether we like it or not, our immediate future will be molded by our actions, and its better if you play an active role in its making.
Thanks

No comments: