Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Twitter and Facebook: The Love story

There has been a subtle beef between heavy twitter and heavy Facebook users. By heavy I mean addicted or very consistent.
On Facebook a lot of things happen that won't likely happen on Twitter eg.
1. Someone updating his/her status and liking it. That's like tweeting and #GBAMing it yourself.
2. Someone seeing a negative post like 'My uncle is sick' and liking it. That's like seeing a negative tweet and #GBAMing it.
3. A girl posting a perfectly ugly picture and a dude saying "baby gel dis picture is so beauriful, can I have ur number?" On Twitter, she won't even twitpic it.

I believe the twitter eco system is one that encourages people to interact smarter and earn their reputation of having positive retweets (not gbagauns) and high followership (not robots or #teamFollowback) and if you are not smart enough to make sense, show ur cleavage or the whole boobs just like in real life to get attention. And a very important thing , making the most sense with 140 characters. On twitter one also gets to know what's happening around faster and in all one’s 'social' IQ is raised.
On facebook its d reverse, your friends are your friends and stalkers are your friends too whether you like it or not.
A case study is the dbanj story. After his GEJ interview, there was an outcry on twitter for his betrayal so much that dbanj had to stop tweeting, but on facebook he still posted and got a lot of ass kissing comments.
If you are a facebook user reading this I'm not hating or spiting you, its just my honest opinion.
Thanks

And as for the title? had to just think up something.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am still a facebook lover anytime.. haha

- LDP

Aramaanda! said...

For me, it's a bit different...trying to have the best of both worlds! Still a voracious facebook user but I got stuff to say & I don't wanna know if people like it or not...On facebook, whatever u say or post gets scrutinized to hell but on twitter, u get to tweet nonsense and chances are nobody will see it or even care & even if they do, whatever!

Molara Brown said...

I see this is your 3rd post for the year.

Twitter...I must say is a whole lot different from Facebook. Yeah I love twitter, facebook for me nowadays is to wish people happy birthday, check out pictures and drop a comment if i want to.

Fehintolu Olaogun said...

Actually I'm a lover and user of both cos the serve two diff purposes.